How can we help?
Your purpose for acquiring or merging with another firm has to be to become more profitable. We can help you to identify what makes a good acquisition. Thanks to our extensive network and insight into law business, we can either identify available targets or create brand new opportunities by pairing well-matched firms. If required, we can also facilitate the whole M and A process, helping you to avoid common pitfalls and reduce your costs.
If your firm is too small to compete, struggling financially or you are looking to move on and hand the reigns to someone else we can help you to find the right solution. Rather than just selling to the highest bidder, we will use our business insight and extensive network to find a suitor who fits your organisation, so that integration is easier and the firm becomes more profitable.
We can assist in the following ways:
- Develop a coherent strategy for future growth and help a firm to determine whether a merger or acquisition could benefit their business
- Gather information about the practice necessary to support merger or acquisition negotiations
- Identify potential merger or acquisition targets in the desired location and/or with an agreed suitable profile
- Make confidential approaches to potential targets without revealing identity
- Prepare dossier on target firms that satisfy criteria
- Prepare an overview of the issues for negotiation once a merger and acquisition target has been identified
- Manage and coordinate the discussion process
- Work with the firm following successful negotiation to ensure that the merger/acquisition process runs smoothly to completion
Firms can choose to engage our services on a success fee basis only or can use our retained consultancy services alongside this.
What to do next
We are now working alongside our partner company, Ampersand Legal to bring you our merger and acquisition services. If you would like to find out more then please contact Kayleigh Maggs (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance and she will refer your enquiry to the most appropriate person.
Our consultancy team are regularly approached by both buyers and sellers of legal practices on a national basis. A firm that had been in some financial difficulty needed to find a buyer for their practice. The partners were looking to continue working but accepted that in any merger they would not be partners or owners in the new venture.
We provided consultancy support to the practice to prepare them for merger by financial reviews, WIP and debtor reduction and helping with people issues. The bank were fully supportive once they realised we were helping in the process and giving the partners support.
Once the practice was suitable for merger we identified a potential buyer, made the necessary introductions and negotiated a successful outcome to the satisfaction of all parties.