So what must you be including?
- You must provide price information prominently, in as clear and understandable format as possible
- You must specify whether stated prices include VAT
- You must specify exactly what is included within the price displayed. This is important even if you quote a fixed fee to avoid confusion amongst consumers about what they might need to pay extra for
- If you publish a range of costs, you need to set out the basis for your charges, including any hourly rates and the types of factors that will determine what the final price will be
- If you offer your services in different ways and the delivery model impacts on the price, make this clear. For example, if you charge a higher fee for face-to-face services than for strictly online services
- If using an online quote generator, the generator must produce a quote directly without requiring any additional contact, for example someone calling to discuss the quote
It should be noted that firms using an online price generator, should ensure that they are compliant with GDPR when handling the data from consumers of clients. If you are yet to tackle GDPR, have a look at our GDPR page:
How we can assist your law firm with pricing transparency?
- We will guide you through the mandatory requirements applicable to your firm
- We will provide information on best practice and recommendations
- We will assist you in the review of your team profiles
- We will work with your teams to review your current pricing, estimate process through to translating onto the website.
- We can review your client care letters in accordance with new rules
All services are tailor-made to each firm and the number of days required is determined by this. Consultancy day rate starts from £1,000.00 per day plus VAT and Travel.